Composite materials are nowadays extensively used in applications where outstanding mechanical properties are necessary together with significant weight savings. Their increased use presents new challenges to designers specially in those applications where materials are subjected to dynamic loading and impact events.
This workshop aims providing specialized engineers and researchers in the field with a rapid knowledge of the state-of-the art regarding dynamic behavior of structural composites, including mechanical characterization and advanced modelling techniques.
Renowned experts in the field of composite and metal research from IMDEA Materials Institute, HEXCEL Composites, Queen’s University Belfast, Carlos III University and Federico II University.
Download the program here
REGISTRATION AND VENUE
The registration fee is € 50,00 (VAT included) per participant, including coffee and lunch. Attendance is limited. Early registration is encouraged.
Please fill this form to register
IMDEA Materials Institute (seminar room), Eric Kandel 2, Tecnogetafe, 28906, Getafe (Madrid), SPAIN http://materials.imdea.org/
For more information, please contact Mariana Huerta (Public relations and events management at IMDEA Materials Institute, email@example.com, +34 91 5493422 (extension 1001))
Training in transferable skills comes to an end. Today and the day before our ESRs are reflecting about career paths.
Training in transferable skills continues. Today (22/05/2019) our ESRs are learning about persuasive writing
Our Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) received a 2 day course on economics, finances and business models on 5/02/2019 and 12/02/2019. The course was delivered by RTDI and covered the following topics:
- Theatre of business models
- Business modelling: Team work over a real case
- How to innovate business models and chaired discussion around real cases
- Uptake of new technologies: Loop, dynamics and decision-making
- Economic and finances: Basic concepts and quantitative techniques; Study cases
- Giving value to innovation projects: Basic concepts and quantitative techniques; Study cases and discussions
The Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) of the DYNACOMP project received a 1 day course on creativity on 27/11/2018. The course was delivered by Eva García and covered the following topics:
- Spontaneous creativity: map of techniques
- Introduction to the integral building of R&I project ideas
- Informed creativity: map of techniques
- Study case: integral idea building
- Technology watch for R&I project building
- Study case: gap analysis
The Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) of the DYNACOMP project received a 3 day course on entrepreneurship (“From research to enterprise: an introduction to startup creation and management”) on 12/09/2018, 13/09/2018 and 18/09/2018 at IMDEA Materials Institute. The course was delivered by Marco Laucelli and covered the following topics:
- The startup as an experiment
- The problem: identifying and validating the problem
- Customer development: discovering the customer
- The Solution: unique value proposition
- The Pivot: discovering the right opportunity
- Modelling the revenue streams: revenue models and validation
- Being unique: the unfair advantage, IP, competitive advantage, barriers
- Reaching the customers: channels and metrics
- Basic Financials for startups
- Team, culture and processes
- Startup management, the hardware case
- Pitching to Investors: business plan, resources, needs, risks