The Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) of the DYNACOMP project received a 2 day course on “Science communication” on 13/06/2018 and 20/06/2018 at IMDEA Materials Institute. The course was delivered by Luis Quevedo and covered the following topics:
- What the media wants and how to a proactive communicator
- “MoJo” Mobile Journalism basics and other tools
- Non-traditional communication: Non-verbal language, Visuals & more
- On-camera, mock-interview rounds & feedback
- Take home package: A brief survival book on how to deal with the media
The Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) of the DYNACOMP project received a 1 day course on “Professional management of R&I projects under H2020 collaborative schemes” on 17/04/2018 at IMDEA Materials Institute. The course covered the following topics:
- Introduction to H2020 (structure, philosophy and types of projects)
- Professional management of projects. PMI standards
- Management of H2020 projects
The course was delivered by Eva García and Laura Muñoz, from RTDI
María Azzurra Riezzo, Early Stage Researcher 2 of the DYNACOMP network,took part in the VII edition of the “science at school” event, organized next 7-8/03/2018 by the Círculo de Bellas Artes de Madrid. The goal of this activity is to improve the engagement of young students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). She explained the mechanical behaviour of composite materials.
The Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) of the DYNACOMP project received a 1 day course on “communicating at the workplace” last 27/11/2017 at IMDEA Materials Institute. The course covered the following topics:
- Leadership and teamwork (Tuckman model, situational leadership, social styles)
- Best Known Methods (BKM) about email communications
- Giving & receiving feedback
- Effective meetings
- Goal setting
The course was deliverd by Roberto Espinosa.
IMDEA Materials, as coordinator of the DYNACOMP network, attended an information day for ITN actions organized by the Research Executive Agency (REA) past 12/12/2012 in Brussels (Belgium). During the event, the REA (funding agency of the DYNACOMP project) provided detailed instructions and guidelines concerning recruitment, financial management, reporting, intellectual property, open access, ethics and communication of research results.