News & events
Updates, related projects and news related to the OptiQPAP initiative
The Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) of the DYNACOMP project received a 2 day course on “Science communication” on 13/06/2018 and 20/06/2018 at IMDEA Materials Institute. The course was delivered by Luis Quevedo and covered the following topics:
- What the media wants and how to a proactive communicator
- “MoJo” Mobile Journalism basics and other tools
- Non-traditional communication: Non-verbal language, Visuals & more
- On-camera, mock-interview rounds & feedback
- Take home package: A brief survival book on how to deal with the media
The Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) of the DYNACOMP project received a 1 day course on “Professional management of R&I projects under H2020 collaborative schemes” on 17/04/2018 at IMDEA Materials Institute. The course covered the following topics:
- Introduction to H2020 (structure, philosophy and types of projects)
- Professional management of projects. PMI standards
- Management of H2020 projects
Mario Rueda, Early Stage Researcher 1 of the DYNACOMP network,took part in the “4ºESO+empresa” program past 6th of April. “4ºESO+empresa” are technology-oriented company visits for secondary students taiming to provide students with a stimulating ‘real-world’ setting to develop more broad and positive images of and attitudes toward technology and technical professions.
Mario Rueda showing secondary students how a nanoindentator works
María Azzurra Riezzo, Early Stage Researcher 2 of the DYNACOMP network,took part in the VII edition of the “science at school” event, organized next 7-8/03/2018 by the Círculo de Bellas Artes de Madrid. The goal of this activity is to improve the engagement of young students in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). She explained the mechanical behaviour of composite materials.
María Azzurra Riezzo, Early Stage Researcher 2 of the DYNACOMP network, participated in the visit of “Gaspar Melchor de Jovellanos” high school to IMDEA Materials Institute past 06/02/2018. She showed to the audience how composite panels are manufactured.
Maria Azzurra Riezzo explaining how composite panels are manufactured